ZUBI’S Spicy Chili Lime Steak Fajitas
- 1 pound (500 g) steak (rump, skirt or flank steak)
- 3 bell peppers (capsicums) of different colours: red, yellow and green, deseeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- ⅓ cup of ZUBI’S Crema
- 1 tsp Madhava Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Whiskey of choice
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat barbecue (or grill) on high heat. Remove steak from the marinade. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Wipe pan or grill plates over with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers (capsicums) and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
- To serve steak, slice against the grain into thin strips. Pack into warmed tortillas, extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings), and drizzle over the remaining reserved untouched marinade.