- Egg Rolls Wrappers
- 3 tbs. avocado oil
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 2 cup Cabbage – shredded
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced mini peppers
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- ¼ cup radishes (optional)
- 1 corn of the cob
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 package of kelp noodles (prepare according to package directions)
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sautee all together onions, peppers, cabbage, carrots, jalapeno, and radishes with oil until soft. Add corn, beans, scallion, kelp noodles, and cilantro until heated and combined. Squeeze juice of lime at the end. Let mixture cool enough to handle.
Use 2 tablespoons filling for each egg roll.
Fold bottom corner over filling, then fold in side corners. Brush top corner with water and roll up wrap tightly to enclose filling, sealing roll with top flap.
Frying option: In a large skillet, heat oil to 350°F and place rolls flap down, a few at a time, turning occasionally, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Baking option: Heat oven to 400°F. Place rolls on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly brush the tops with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Canola oil, if frying
Non-stick cooking spray, if baking
Olive oil as needed, if baking
Sauce for dipping (optional)
- Zubiate’s Queso de Jalapeno
recipe created by Elia, @feedyoursister