@eatzubi Zucchini Fritters #fyp #snack #vegan #glutenfree ♬ Zou Bisou Bisou - Gillian Hills
- 3 ½ cups grated zucchini, measured before squeezing out excess water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Grate the zucchini and add it into a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the salt and mix in. Then leave it for 10 minutes. The salt will help release excess water from the zucchini. Then use your hands to squeeze out the excess water. Place the squeezed zucchini into another bowl and leave the water behind.
- Once the squeezed zucchini is in a fresh mixing bowl, add in flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, crushed garlic, and chopped spring onions and mix together. It will be very crumbly.
- Add in the melted butter and mix into a thick batter.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees and place some parchment paper onto a baking sheet. This is where you will place your fritters to keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a frying pan and let it get hot. Once hot, use an ice cream scoop to scoop even amounts of batter into the frying pan, around ¼ cup per scoop. Use your spatula to press down from the top to flatten. Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook a few at a time.
- Let it cook for a few minutes and then flip it over around three minutes per side. When both sides are nicely browned, transfer your cooked fritters to the baking tray in the warmed oven to stay warm.
- Add the remaining tbsp of oil to the frying pan with the next batch.
- Serve with Zubi’s Crema and chopped spring onions. Enjoy!