@eatzubi Pita Tostadas with Butternut Squash, Black Beans and Avocado! #fyp #easyrecipe #yum #dinnertime ♬ BARELY BREATHING - Grant Averill
- 1 Butternut Squash, split in half vertically and deseeded
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- 2 Limes, juiced then divided
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Avocado Oil
- 4 Pita breads
- 1 cup Zubi’s Creama
- For garnish, Pumpkin Seeds and chopped Cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush Butternut squash halves with olive oil. Then place the flesh side down on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and can easily be pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool slightly, then mash in a bowl adding all spices with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pita bread on a baking sheet. Cover tops with crema. Bake for ten minutes, until golden and crispy on edges but center is still chewy.
- Toss black beans with half of the lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together yogurt with the remaining half of lime juice and a pinch of salt. You want the consistency that can be drizzled.
- On a toasted pita spread a scoop of the mashed squash, a scoop of blackbeans, and then a few slices of avocado. Drizzle the yogurt mix over then garnish with pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Enjoy!