Shrimp ‘N Grits
@eatzubi Shrimp ‘n Grits #fyp #easyrecipe #dinnertime ♬ I Just Wanna Know - Luke Reeves
- 1 pound uncooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup quick-cooking Grits
- 1 - 1/1 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 Sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 Yellow onion, cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1 jar Zubi’s Salsa
- 4 cups Water
- 3 tbsps Milk
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- 3 tbsps Fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsps Avocado oil
- Toss shrimp with fajita seasoning, set aside.
- Bring water to boil, add grits. Reduce to medium heat; cook covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened up, takes 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted, then stir in milk. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook and stir till tender and pepper edges are slightly charred. Add orange juice, salsa and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in most of cilantro, leaving a little set aside for garnish. Remove from heat.
- Spoon grits into serving dish/bowl, top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Enjoy!