@eatzubi Southwest Eggrolls! #fyp #quickrecipes #veganfood ♬ Food - Densky9
For the Filling:
- 1 Chicken Breast, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- ⅓ cup of fresh Corn, 1-2 ears
- ½ Red bell pepper, minced
- 6 Green onions, minced
- 2 cups fresh Spinach, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsps Cilantro, minced
- ½ cup Black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsps Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Zubi’s Queso
- 2 cups Zubi’s Salsa, divided
- 2 cups Avocado oil
- 8 6-inch Whole wheat tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium high heat. Once the oil is hot add chicken and corn. Cook for 5 minutes, until the mixture starts to turn brown.
- Add in bell pepper, onion and all the spices. Mix until combined well and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add beans, spinach, 1 cup salsa and cilantro. Cook until spinach has wilted, then remove from heat and stir in cheese.
For Rolling and Frying:
- Divide mixture between 8 tortillas. Roll up, tucking the ends in snuggly to prevent mixture from oozing out while frying. Also to prevent oil from getting inside.
- Heat up oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 rolls in at a time, seam downwards. Fry until all sides are golden brown. Remove and let rest on a paper towel to allow excess oil to drain off. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Serve alongside our personal favorite Salsa and Queso. Enjoy!