Baked Walking Taco Casserole
- 2 Tablespoons ZUBI’S Crema de Jalapeño
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 oz jar of ZUBI’S salsa
- 8 oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ cup sour cream (or Forager’s non-dairy sour cream)
- 2-3 cups fritos
- 8 ounces ZUBI’S queso drizzled over the top
- lettuce, cilantro, tomato, avocado or jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large oven safe skillet with lid, heat the ZUBI’S Crema over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and ZUBI’S Salsa. Cook until beef is brown, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 1-2 to minutes until fragrant.
- Add the enchilada sauce, broth, and rice. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Drizzle about half of the ZUBI’S queso on top.
- Then add a layer of fritos and finish the top with the rest of the ZUBI’S queso.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the Queso is toasted. Garnish with lettuce, cilantro, tomato, avocado and pickled jalapeños if desired.