Fancy Carrots & Shishito Peppers
For the Carrots:
- organic carrots
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (omit if doing whole30/paleo)
- 4 oz Vegan Ricotta cheese (we like Kitehill)
- 1 cup Zubi's Salsa
- pumpkin seeds, roasted or raw
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss carrots in olive oil, salt, & maple syrup, until well coated.
- Place carrots on baking sheet & roast for about 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Quickly sauté in cast iron to gain slight char.
- Puree Vegan ricotta with Zubi's Salsa, until smooth.
- Spoon puree on a plate and then place roasted carrots on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
For the Shishito Peppers:
- shishito peppers
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch organic cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Zubi's Crema
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- honey/agave or maple syrup (omit if doing whole30/paleo)
- Coat shishito peppers in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sautée shishito peppers in cast iron until slightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Puree Zubi's Crema with 1 bunch fresh cilantro, until smooth.
- Spoon puree on a platter and top with shishitos, diced red onion & drizzle with honey or vegan alternative.