ZUBI’S Creamy Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad
15 days ago·
15 days ago·
- 1 lb dried elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 cup canned jalapeños, chopped I prefer the mild version (can substitute with fresh chopped jalapeños as well)
- 3/4 cup ZUBI’S Queso
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (OMIT TO MAKE PLANT BASED OR USE ZUBI’S SHIITAKE MUSHROOM BACON RECIPE)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (Sir Kensington’s is our go-to choice)
- ¼ cup ZUBI’S Crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Forager’s Non-Dairy Sour Cream is suggested for Plant Based)
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, room temperature ( Miyoko’s “Cream Cheese” keeps it plant-based)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- generous pinch of black pepper
- fresh parsley, minced for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a generous pinch of salt and boil pasta per package directions. Drain, and rinse pasta with cold water until cooled.
- To a small mixing bowl, add mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and black pepper and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To a large mixing or serving bowl, add cooked and cooled pasta, jalapeños, ZUBI’S Queso, and most of the bacon (or ZUBI’S Shiitake Mushrooms). Pour dressing over pasta and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon (or ZUBI’S bacon), cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to fully combine.
- Serve cold.
If desired, add a bit of melted Miyoko’s butter to some panko breadcrumbs and cook in a dry skillet over LOW heat until fragrant and toasty. Before serving pasta salad, sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs over the top.