ZUBI’S Fun Fourth Flag Dip
- 16oz of ZUBI’S Salsa
- 16oz of ZUBI’S Queso
- ZUBI’S Refried Black Bean Recipe (https://eatzubi.com/blogs/zubi-blog/my-moms-toast-recipe)
- 3 bags (9oz) Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (For dipping and flag)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 block of vegan or monterey jack cheese (For Stars)
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat, about 2 minutes. Add black beans, ZUBI’S Salsa, garlic salt and red wine(if desired), mash completely with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon. Spread black bean mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Measure 1 cup crushed tortilla chips; set aside the remaining chips for serving. Arrange the crushed tortilla chips in a rectangle on top of black bean mixture, about 5 x 4-inches.
- Cut 1 block (8 ounces) of vegan or monterey jack in half into two blocks, each about 1/2-inch thick. Cut slices with a 1 1/2-inch star cookie cutter, using the handle of a small spoon to press and release cheese from cutter at star points. Place stars on chips.
- Combine tomatoes and red bell pepper in a medium bowl. For stripes, arrange tomato mixture with ZUBI’S Salsa layering first then tomato mixture on top and ZUBI’S QUESO in alternating rows, each about 1-inch.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving. Serve with the reserved tortilla chips.