ZUBI’S One-Skillet Shrimp and Rice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 8oz ZUBI’S Salsa
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (from 2), for serving
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high. Add sausage; cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium; add remaining oil, onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and golden, about 8 minutes.
Add ZUBI’S Salsa and rice; cook over high heat, stirring, 1 minute. Return sausage with any juices to skillet. Stir in broth; bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender, 20 minutes. Season shrimp with salt and pepper; arrange in a single layer atop rice. Cover; cook until bright pink, 4 minutes. Uncover; let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and sprinkle with scallions.