Thanksgiving Dinner on ZUBI Farms
Hello, ZUBI Farms Family!
I want to slowly introduce the behind-the-scenes beauty, as well as the “ins and outs”, of what makes us function. I cannot reiterate enough that this Farm would not thrive or be prosperous without our wonderful ZUBI Farms team!
This week, I want to highlight our head farmer, Heidi. She is beautiful, compassionate and one tough, badass woman. Her confident demeanor, along with her tan skin and dark hair, make her seem almost indestructible. It is beyond inspiring to watch this incredible, passionate woman maneuver all the large farming machines that allow us to harvest the incredible produce that fills our jars and ends up on tables across the country. Talk about #womenempowerment - she is a powerhouse and I admire her methodical, patient and creative farming techniques that she and our ZUBI Farms Manager, Cody, have developed to make ZUBI Farms a success.
We always stress that our products are not only filled with ingredients that you can pronounce but also filled with tremendous love. Heidi’s passion for ZUBI Farms is truly displayed through her labor of love and the growth of each seed into a bountiful, flourishing plant. Because of her hard work and dedication, all of our products are filled with clean, fresh ZUBI Farm ingredients. For this, I am eternally grateful.
In keeping with our bountiful harvest and the upcoming holiday season, I want to share some of my favorite, savory and healthy recipes that are sure to WOW all those you love. I hope, in this time of Thanksgiving, you are able to relax and spend quality time with family as well as enjoy all the wonderful things you are thankful for.
Bourbon Glaze Pears
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup bourbon
¼ cup ZUBI'S Salsa
¼ cup brown sugar
1/8 cup ZUBI'S Queso
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Assemble the ingredients. Grab all your ingredients for the glaze, and pull out a medium-sized saucepan.
- Combine and boil. Combine all the ingredients in the saucepan over medium heat. Bring the glaze to a boil.
- Simmer until syrupy. Simmer the glaze for 15-20 minutes until the glaze reaches a nice syrupy consistency. You don’t want this to be too thick, but it should have a little stick.
Glaze, save, and enjoy! This glaze can be used immediately or placed in a canning jar for future use.
Sarah's Sweet & Spicy Potatoes
- 5 large sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 4oz ZUBI’S Crema de Jalapeno
- 1/4 cup of unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- Seasonings- 1 tsp Cinnamon & a pinch of Nutmeg, Sea Salt and a dash of love
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, boil sweet potatoes until they are tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
- Next, combine sweet potatoes, ZUBI’S Crema, coconut oil, coconut sugar and seasonings in a medium baking dish and mix generously.
- Then, top sweet potatoes with marshmallows.
- Lastly, bake for 30 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Enjoy as your favorite Turkey Day side or as a little sweet and savory midnight snack!
• 1 Jar of ZUBI'S Salsa
•1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp of oil
Follow the directions on the box, substituting the milk for equal parts ZUBI'S and adding an extra TB of oil (per the graphic above).
Puff Pastry Wrapped Asparagus & ZUBI’S Queso
- 1 bunch Asparagus, about 16 total, ends trimmed
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 whole Egg, whisked
- Salt, for garnish
- ZUBI'S Queso
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
2. Lay the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and slice the puff pastry into 16 even strands, about 1/2 inch wide.
3. Wrap the asparagus with the puff pastry from one end to the other. Line the pan with the wrapped asparagus.
4. Brush the egg onto the puff pastry and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes until the puff pastry is golden. Remove and serve immediately with ZUBI'S Queso.