ZUBI’S ZESTY FIESTA LIME & BLACK BEAN RICE
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- small piece of jalapeño, about 1/2 inch, diced small (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ZUBI’S Crema Mixture
- ⅓ cup ZUBI’S Crema
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (or agave)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- extra jalapeño slices for fun (optional)
- Start by cooking the brown rice. Follow directions on the package.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable broth (or water) and sauté the onion, jalapeño, garlic, sea salt and pepper for 5 minutes on medium heat, adding a little extra broth or water, if needed. Next, add bell peppers and cook 5-7 minutes until soft. Reduce heat, then stir in the corn, black beans and cilantro, just to be heated up.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice and sautéed veggies.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the ZUBI’S Crema Mixture until well combined. Pour into a bowl then mix it all together.
Be the first to comment.