Thanksgiving positivity at ZUBI Farms
This is my home and my heart. It’s the place where my dream of starting a small business, with a focus and passion for promoting positivity, a healthy lifestyle, and delicious, nutritious foods, becomes real.
This week, I found my emotional bandwidth to be truly exhausted. In order to recharge and refuel my spirits, I came to the farm, sank my feet into the cool soil, whipped up a delicious and healthy ZUBI Farms Sweet Harvest Salad using our ZUBI Farms Candied Pecans. Food and nature centers me on the gifts that fall season brings forth: gratitude to reap the rewards of what we have prepped, planted, tended to and labored over throughout the year.
This Thanksgiving, we are so grateful and thankful for our Farm's wondrous bounty. Our plants are bearing the most vivid assortment of fruit and flowers that are used in all my scrumptious food and also that will be used in creating vibrant tablescapes to uplift and brighten our holiday time around the dinner table. I’ve included a Savory Beets salad Recipe below which used some of our ZUBI Farms beets, kale and our ZUBI’S Crema, of course.
The versatility of our Thanksgiving recipes is not only inspired from our farm's bounty, the vibrant colors, and the bold flavors but also from the Organic soil and sustainable practices that we adhere to. In today’s email, I’ve included my ZUBI’S Candied Pecan Sweet Potato, Beet & Quinoa Salad. Please enjoy and let me know your thoughts!
ZUBI’S Sweet Harvest Salad
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 3 ounces greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1 cup cooked beets, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese Optional
- 1 cup ZUBI’S Candied Pecans
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange sweet potato on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- While the sweet potato is baking, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked sweet potato, cooked quinoa, greens, beets, apple, cranberries, ZUBI Farms’ Candied Pecans, and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy! Omit the Cheese to make it vegan!